Reading is fun!
I'm an odd duck in the world of IT. Yes, I love innovation and I enjoy learning new things. However reading and books are something I tend to stick to the old school on. I much prefer having a physical product in hand to read. I've tried Kindles, had the now long defunct Barnes & Noble e-reader, the Nook, and for some reason I could just never get on board.
When I was a wee lad, I can remember carrying around stacks of Choose Your Own Adventure books. Or hitting our local library and coming home with 2 or 3 large novels (typically getting through at least one of them). So I feel like this harkens back to that time. When I enjoyed carrying around a book or 3 and flipping through a few pages when I had time.
When I was a wee lad, I can remember carrying around stacks of Choose Your Own Adventure books. Or hitting our local library and coming home with 2 or 3 large novels (typically getting through at least one of them). So I feel like this harkens back to that time. When I enjoyed carrying around a book or 3 and flipping through a few pages when I had time.
Now I know that this is an antiquated method. Yes I know how many books I can keep on an e-reader. Yes I know how much space books can take up. That doesn't phase me though. If given the choice, I'd take the physical copy any day of the week.
The Subject at Hand
This phenomenon is made even further hilarious by the subject matter I'm starting today! The latest edition of SQL Server 2005. The widely touted AI Ready database platform. I've seen two presentations on it now and the power this platform possess is nothing short of astounding!
When I saw Bob Ward present on it, he mentioned the link for this book and I knew I had to have it! I can't wait to take advantage of the features of the new release and I'll so along the way with the help of my trusty paperback book on the subject.
Rest easy dear reader, there is a Kindle version available as well. Whether you're old school like me and want that tactile sensation or you've got an e-reader begging to be filled, if you're in the database space and considering the upgrade, pick up this copy today!
Direct Link: https://a.co/d/al4mIsC
Direct Link: https://a.co/d/al4mIsC

Comments
Post a Comment